Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

TEXTILE EXPERIMENT

The naked lady (part 3)..


 


After taking pictures of “the naked lady”, I wanted to explore more about this flower. I noticed that the bottom of the stem was red. I was curious to see if the color of the stem would stain/come off, so I pressed the bottom against a piece of fabric (jersey). 

The stem gave only a little bit off and I was pretty disappointed and out of frustration I pulled the leaves from the flower(naked). 
I wrapped the leaves and stem together into the fabric.

After 15 minutes I saw red spots all through the fabric. I was so exited and could not wait for the fabric to dry up. The result was beyond my expectation. What I find particularly interesting is the color nuance (shades) and the darklines that runs through the fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment